The hackathon addresses humanitarian support related to the war in Ukraine by using data eg. from the EU Space Programme.The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is proud to organize the ”#EUSpace4Ukraine Hackathon” to mobilize the EU Space community and provide solutions to enhance humanitarian support to those fleeing the devastating war in Ukraine.
The purpose of the hackathon is to develop solutions and applications for NGOs and helpers providing humanitarian help. Innovators across Europe are invited to leverage data and services from the EU Space Programme for a good cause.
Areas the hackathon will address include the provision of:
- roadmaps for supplies,
- satellite temporary connection to replace broken landlines,
- identification of the level of destruction,
- creation of platforms for helping people integrate in new countries,
- coordination of private and public helper organizations
Participants will benefit from the expertise of EUSPA Market development professionals on how to access data and services from Galileo, EGNOS and Copernicus.
- The hackathon takes place from 29 June – to 1 July 2022
Who can participate?
- The hackathon is open to NGOs, academia, application developers, and young entrepreneurs from the EU-27 Member States, including Switzerland, Norway and Iceland.
- Team size: 2-5.
- A Challenge Webinar is scheduled for 6 June 2022 17.30 (CEST) where you will gain more insight into the challenges, partners, and jury. Register here.